Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Story anyone?

On BTT I entered a competition to write 5 stories. Here's the first and second - if anyone is interested.

WARNING: THESE STORIES ARE UNDER COPYWRITE, PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE USING THEM.

Grief Story: Samuel’s Grave

It was 4:23am. “Jennifer,” mum said with tears in her eyes shaking me until I woke. “Jennifer, it’s your brother…” she shook her head.
“What about my brother? Samuel or Nigel?” I asked.
“S-s-ammmuel!” she burst into tears. I, totally confused consoled my mother until she was willing to tell me why she was crying.
“I’m sorry Jen, Samuel has died. He was out late with his friends over in Scotland and he had a motorcycle accident,” my stepdad came in.
So, for the rest of the night my mother and I sat curled up with blankets and hot-water bottles on my bed and cried for the rest of the night.

****
I was allowed out of school for the rest of term. Some kids would be glad to be off school for any reason. They’d play computer games and watch T.V. Even though that’s exactly what I’d do, I’d never stop thinking about Samuel. As I played the computer I’d remember Samuel getting a high score on my favourite video game. When I watched T.V I’d remember Samuel’s favourite program Top Gear. Stepdad was good to me, but he was even better to Mother. He’d buy her flowers and get her favourite chocolates. I loved him for that. I’ve never loved him before.


Joy Story: Emily

Frankie, my next door neighbour came knocking yesterday.
“Hi Frankie,” I said, tired from the days work.
“Come up to my tree-house!” she said with a big smile on her face.
“Eh, I’m sort of tired…” I said.
“PLEASE!” she shouted. It woke me up.
“OK!” I grabbed my coat and we went through her house out the back and into the tree-house.
“Mummy or Audrey as you know her told me that she’s having a baby! And she told me I can name it!” said Frankie.
“That’s great! What are you going to call it?” I asked with true joy.
“Alex for a boy or Angelina for a girl,” she was still smiling.
“Alex?” I asked.
“What’s wrong with that?” she replied.
“It’s just you like -’’ I began.
“NO! Don’t even go into that, it’s just a pretty name!” she said, not annoyed at my comment.
“What will happen when Alex Parker hears then?” I asked.
“Hope and pray he doesn’t!” she said.
When I got home later I told my mum, she joined in in the happiness and bought Frankie’s mum a present. When the baby arrived months later – a girl luckily- Frankie said her mum wanted me to be the godmother for being such a true friend.


The End!



Please post your comments!

No comments: