Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My Dear Little Child


I love you,Kate
Really, I do,
You're the best out of the twenty nine of you.

Your cute little sayings Easy Peasy!
And your lovely red locks,
Your cute little eyes,
Better than socks!

I'm happy to see you as you play with a friend,
But so sad to know that the time when your hand was in mine,
is coming to an end.

I love you little Kate,
Like a sweet teddy bear,
I want you to know,
That really, I care. 
 - Maeve B.

 I know the sweetest little girl. She's only five. I mind her in school. She used to put her hand in mine. She's growing more distant. She's playing with friends. Girls I would prefer my little Kate wouldn't know. Girls that are cute, but not so nice. My little Kate. I miss her littleness in my hands. I miss the conversation we had. I know she's still there. But she won't be for long. As in a few months, I'm moving on. 

1 comment:

isnicket said...

Awwwwwwwww. That is just...sad. I'm sorry, Maeve, but I'm sure Kate loves you and will always be your friend.
Yes, I'm bad at comforting people. :(